Looking for cheap auto insurance? You’re in the right place. Our free auto insurance quotes tool above will help you compare dozens of auto insurance companies near you and save hundreds even thousands of dollars. Just type in your zip code above to get started, then click on any of the insurance companies listed. We recommend you click 3-4 companies and compare rates, to get the best savings.
How is my auto insurance rate determined?
Auto insurance rates are determined by many factors such as:
- Age: Older drivers can expect to pay less than younger drivers
- Car type: Bigger cars (Engine capacity) will be more expensive to insurance then smaller cars
- Your location: If you live in the city or near a city expect to pay more then if you lived in the country side.
- Your driving record: If you have a record of speeding or DUI’s you can expect to pay much more for auto insurance
- Gender: If you are a man you can expect to pay more for auto insurance, since statistically men are more likely to get into an accident or to speed.
- How much coverage you want: The more coverage you want for your car, or self the more you can expect to pay
4 Tips to save on auto insurance
Raise your deductible: A higher deductible will lower your insurance rate significantly. Although a higher deductible increases your out-of-pocket expenses during an accident; in the long run it will save you money, especially if you are a safe driver
Combine your insurance plans: Get your insurance under one company. Having your house, auto, health, and life insurance under one company will lower your insurance costs significantly and give your bargaining power with the insurance company.
Fix your credit: A poor credit rating can have adverse affects on your insurance premiums. There are many credit checking agencies, we recommend you take out a credit report to see if there is anything wrong. A poor credit rating will not only affect your insurance rate, but many other things; it is highly recommend you have a credit report done once a year.
Shop around: Compare car insurance rates of as many companies as you can. The more insurance companies you compare the better chance you have of finding the cheapest auto insurance. We recommend you compare at least 4 companies; our auto insurance quotes tool above will help you compare quotes.
What’s the best auto insurance company?
There is not best auto insurance company. The best insurance company for you will depend on your circumstances, not your friends or families. There are dozens of factors effecting insurance cost; companies pricing methods differ according to what they perceive to be the most important factors
How much money can I expect to save?
Using our quotes tool above is almost guaranteed to help you find a cheaper auto insurance plan. The amount people save varies widely, most people save a few hundred dollars per year.
What’s the best way to lower my insurance premiums?
The best way to pay less for auto insurance, is by comparing as many auto insurance companies you can. The more companies you compare the better of you will be. Some tips are also listed above.